Retail Key Account Manager - Sales
Job Summary: The Retail KAM is responsible for delivering year-over-year contribution margin dollar growth by direct selling of Display Technologies stock products and new product development to Retail Accounts along with their Distributor, Wholesaler and OEM network. This position has sales responsibility for assigned existing and target accounts in the Retail Sub-Segment. The key role is to engage and win DT product sales at Million Dollar plus Retail customers. This person must be a team player willing to do the right thing for the success of Display Technologies over their segment when a collective gain can be achieved at Retail Accounts. Planning and reporting roll up into the Strategic Accounts Segment and overall success will be measured on the results of Sub-Segment, Segment, and Display Technologies.Examples of existing DT Retail Accounts:
7- Eleven, Speedway, Wawa, Circle K, Wawa, BP/Amoco, Love’s Shopper Drug Mart, CVS, and Ahold.
Examples of Target Accounts:
Casey’s, Quick Trip, RaceTrac, Travel Centers, Whole Foods, Kroger, Publix, Wal-Mart, and Walgreens.
Office Location & Travel:
Preferred locations – Lake Success, NY or Glendale Heights, IL.
Travel is 60-80%, North America
- Year-to-Year Revenue, Contribution Margin and Income Growth.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of DT Products, Capacities and Processes.
- Understand impact on P&L for the Retail Sub-Segment with Return on Sales target of greater than 25%.
- Manage key account relationships with Inside Sales, Project Manager, and Customer Service.
- Weekly Sales Activity Reporting, Travel Planning, and Expense Report submission.
- Latest View Revenue Reporting & Sales Pipeline Reporting for assigned Retail Accounts.
- Manage Retail Account sales opportunity pipeline to deliver revenue growth focusing primarily on stock, customized stock, new products, and selective custom displays.
- Maintain Key Account Plan and Selling Wheel with Relationship Mapping.
- Capture market and account insights and trends that translate into innovation and new product development
- Develop sales action plans to win based on detailed knowledge of target customer markets, business drivers, and key decision makers.
- Participate in 1-3 year strategic planning and budgetings
- Travel nationally, visiting accounts, distributors/wholesalers, OEMs, and Retailers. Prompt reporting of meeting summary and follow up action items to customer and DT team.
- Attend regional and national trade shows.
- Support VP GM with all key objectives, requests, and projects as required.
- Education: BS required.
- Innovative and creative thinking along with problem-solving abilities.
- 3-10 yrs. experience in the Retail and Beverage Business.
- Demonstrated success in entrepreneurial environments collaboration and teamwork.
- High Energy with sense of urgency to achieve results and drive items to closure.
- Experience with project management. Plastics, Metal/Wire and Print manufacturing knowledge.
- Computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe.